To The Malawi Football Community
26th March 2020
Dear Football Friends,
COVID-19 PREVENTION GUIDELINES FOR FOOTBALL CLUBS DURING TRAINING
As you are aware, on Friday 20th March 2020 we suspended all Association Football Matches in Malawi as a pre-cautionary measure against the COVID-19 outbreak.
This followed His Excellency Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika’s address on Friday 20th March 2020 as he declared Malawi a State of Disaster due to the threat of the Coronavirus.
Despite the matches being suspended, other football clubs continue to hold training sessions, as the current government guidelines permits, while others have stopped as we wait for further advice and guidance on when normal football matches will resume.
While Malawi is yet to record a Coronavirus case, FAM with guidance from the Ministry of Health, wishes to advise Football Clubs that are continuing training to take the following Level 1 pre-cautionary measures to prevent the Coronavirus during training Sessions:
1. Training sessions must be conducted behind closed doors in the absence of Supporters.
2. Training sessions should be conducted in an environment of not more than 50 people.
3. Training sessions shall only be conducted in the presence of a team medical personnel who should check the body temperatures of players before training commences.
4. Coaches should avoid conducting sessions that put players in very close contact.
5. Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
6. Clubs shall provide water and soap or sanitizers for washing hands before and after training.
7. Players and coaches should practice hygiene by covering mouth and nose with tissues or sleeve of flex elbow whenever coughing or sneezing.
8. When sick with fever, cough or difficulty in breathing, seek medical help by calling 54747.
9. Do not share training kit and bathing towels.
Keep Safe and observe basic Hygiene Practices.
WALTER NYAMILANDU MANDA- FAM