The Football Association of Malawi (FAM) COVID-19 Task Force would like to inform the general public that as part of the COVID 19 Contact tracing protocol in the Ministry of Health COVID 19 guidelines, FAM Executive Committee Members and Secretariat Staff were last week tested for COVID 19.
This was after FAM Competitions and Communications Director Gomezgani Zakazaka tested positive on Wednesday January 13, 2021.
FAM hereby announce that out of the 51 tests done 10 came out positive representing a 19% positivity rate. Four people have mild symptoms while the rest are asymptomatic.
As part of containing further infections, FAM has taken the following measures:
- All the positives cases have been advised to go into safe isolation at home.
- All the positive case has been requested to inform and encourage their primary contacts to go for a COVID 19 test and maintain strict quarantine measures as guided by Ministry of Health.
- FAM in conjunction with Ministry of Health Officials is managing the cases in line with the Ministry’s Guidance on Home Based Management of Persons with Asymptomatic and Mild COVID-19 symptoms.
- FAM has also disinfected the Mpira Village and members of staff are from Monday January 18, 2020 working from home for the next two weeks.
- Suspension of physical meetings in the period that most of the team is in quarantine. All meetings will be held virtually.
Please take note that FAM is in full operation despite the change in the working bases and our business hours remain unchanged .
FAM appreciates the continued support being rendered to its stakeholders by both Ministries of Health and Population and Ministry of Youth and Sports and Our mother body, Malawi National Council of Sports.
FAM would like to encourage all football stakeholders to continue observing COVID-19 preventive measures by putting on masks, social distancing, practicing hand hygiene and stay at home where possible.