Ntopwa United have today become the first Super League team and stakeholder to access the FAM COVID-19 Relief Fund Phase 2 after complying with set conditions.
The Blantyre based side have received K5 million and will upon producing returns get K4 million between January and February 2021 and K1 million in July 2021.
FAM is currently receiving and assessing other fund access submissions from other teams and stakeholders .
To access the funds stakeholders are expected to fulfil some conditions among them:
1.Clearly demonstrate need of funds by itemising costs and principle of transparency and non- DISCRIMINATION
2.Use the funds as per submitted cost items.
3. Not use the funds to pay previous debts.
4. Be an affiliate of the Football Association of Malawi of must in one way or the other associate its activities with the Football Association of Malawi.
5. Have a clear operation structure that have positions of Chairman/Chairperson, General Secretary / CEO and Treasurer/ Accountant.
6. Have a verifiable bank account number in its name with signature arrangements.
7. Submit Minutes of the Executive Committee meeting of the beneficiary detailing how the beneficiary intend to use the funds.