The Football Association of Malawi (FAM) was founded in 1966 with the mandate to govern, organize and develop the game of football in Malawi. FAM became affiliated to FIFA in 1967, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in 1968 and in 1997 to the Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (COSAFA). FAM was established in accordance with the Malawi National Council of Sports Act: Chapter 30.10 of the Laws of Malawi.
FAM has since 2016 been operating under FIFA Forward 1.0 and 2.0 Strategic Frameworks which have been instrumental in the implementation of football programs and projects in Malawi.
In order to align with the new FIFA Strategic direction (Making Football Truly Global 2020 – 2023), Malawi Vision 2063 and FAM’s Strategic Leadership aspirations (Raising the Bar 2020 – 2023), FAM would like to recruit a consultant to review the 2019 – 2022 Strategic Framework and Develop the new Strategic Plan for the period 2022-2025.
The main objective of the exercise is to review the strategic Framework for the Football Association of Malawi and develop a successor Strategic Plan working with a task team and the football stakeholders.
Summary of Key Deliverables:
- Review existing FAM Strategic documents (mission, vision, company profile, Statutes, policies, meeting minutes, reports, etc.) as well as external documents (at national level e.g., Malawi National Council of Sports, Ministry of Youth and Sports and at global level such as FIFA Strategic Plan, FIFA Forward 1.0 and 2.0 Programs).
- Comparative review of FAM and other Football Associations (within SADC, AFRICA and the globe) with the view to compile various options in terms of business models, legal structures and best practices across the board.
- Thorough football context analysis in Malawi, with the view to tie the Strategic plan with the country’s current context, emerging trends and strategic vision.
- Needs Assessment of (a) existing Member Associations (b) potential MAs (c) Sponsors (d) other national and international key stakeholders.
- Development of Draft strategic plan.
- Feedback on Draft strategic plan by FAM’s Member Associations as well as strategic partners working and involved in the Football business in Malawi.
- Finalized Strategic Plan (2022-2025) including a PowerPoint Format
- Validation Workshop.
Required expertise and qualification
The Consultant shall have the required expertise and qualifications;
- Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Strategic Planning and Management, or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing Business Models, Strategies Action plans and or football related policies,
- Experience in governance and development of accountability frameworks
- Ability to work in the multi-cultural team environment and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in Result Based Management including in depth understanding of Theory of Change
- Experience in conducting mixed method research approaches including quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Track record of successful delivery of high-quality reports and advice to Private Sector, government and international organizations on Strategic Plans
- Excellent analytical, research and report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Exposure to similar works in other countries is an added advantage
Interested consultants are requested to submit their proposals which should contain the following:
• A technical Proposal with the following content:
- Interpretation and understanding of the terms of reference;
- Capability statement (Profiles of the team members demonstrating their academic and professional qualifications and experiences in similar work profiles of the team members are to be included);
- Framework’s analysis, methodology and approaches
- Contacts of references from previous clients
- Roadmap to carry out the assignment and time line chart with a fixed delivery time
How to apply
Interested consultants are encouraged to submit their technical proposals demonstrating their ability to deliver on this assignment based on their qualifications and experience to; The Internal Procurement Committee, Football Association of Malawi, Mpira Village, P.O. Box 51657, Limbe.
Closing date for submission is 4:00 PM on 17th May 2021. The selected Consultant should aim to start immediately after communication of successful application. Assignment duration for this consultancy should take no more than 30 days and should be finalized preferably by 30th June 2021.
Note: FAM is not bound to accept any application for prequalification and submission does not signify acceptance.