Full name: Walter Nyamilandu- Manda
Bate of Birth: 11th November 1971
Marital status: Married to Gillian
Education: Bachelor of Social Science and Economics from The University of Malawi.
Walter is a former Professional Football player who before being elected FAM President in 2004 served as Team Manager (2001-2003) and General Secretary (2003 – 2005) for Be Forward Wanderers, a team he played for between 1991 and 1998. He also played for Sucoma FC. He played for the Malawi Men’s Senior National Team and earned 12 caps. He had a trial at Chelsea FC in 1996.
On September 30, 2018, he was elected into the FIFA Council becoming the first Malawi ever to attain that position.
Until 2020 he was working for Illovo Sugar Malawi plc, a company he worked for 21 years. He holds a Bachelor of Social Science and Economics from the University of Malawi.
In his 15-year tenure at the helm of the FA, Nyamilandu has ensured sustained peace and stability of the FA. Nyamilandu has ensured FAM won back private sector confidence after sponsors ran away due to maladministration and instilled strong values of democracy and accountability in managing the affairs of the FA
- President: Football Association of Malawi (2005 To date).
- Member: Former FIFA Council (2018 To 2021).
- Executive Committee Member CAF (2018 To Date).
- Executive Member: Confederation of South Africa Football Associations (COSAFA) (2005 To date).
- Chairman of the COSAFA Marketing Committee (2011 To date).
- FIFA Member Association Sub Committee member (2010 – 2015).
- Member Organising Committee of the Africa Cup of Nations (2006).
- Member Organising Committee African Nations Championship (2012).
- Member Africa Cup of Nations (2017 To date)
- CAF Match Commissioner (2004 To date).
- Team Manager: Be Forward Wanderers (2001 – 2003).
- General Secretary: Be Forward Wanderers (2003 – 2005).